Sunday, December 1, 2013

Let Me Go

Though my soul is set in darkness it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars to fondly to be fearfull of the night.


Darkness pulling, dragging, holding me down
Everywhere I turn it wants to engulf me
My soul's screaming, yelling, longing for air
Let me go, I'm losing my way
 
The light is fading quickly, leaving me behind
I'm scratching, crawling, trying to reach it
Every inch of me is fighting, trying to break free
Yet Darkness captures me and lulls me
 
With loving gestures, caresses and softness
Darkness lures me to stay once again
The stars are still shining in the distance
How I long to be dancing with them
 
I close my eyes, sleeping, dreaming away
To a place where I'm surrounded by sunlight
A place of safety, shadows can't chase me
Let me go, I will finally be free
 
- Dark Duchess
 

No comments:

Post a Comment