Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I'll take care of you...








I love this song by Drake and Rihanna, and I think this is one of the most beautiful music videos I've seen. Both the song and the music video touches my heart.

There are so many symbols in the video: The Bull represents Chris Brown (he's a Taurus), the Fish represents Rihanna (she's a Pisces), and the Blue Jay is a shout out to Drake's home town: Toronto (their baseball team the Toronto Blue Jays).


Abuse is hard to deal with, hard to get over, it's still there, years later, like scars under the skin. Even with all the pain, all the fear, and all of those horrible memories, there's still a part of me that's longing back to him.

How twisted is that? I mean, we had fun, he was an intelligent, funny, popular and good-looking man. He knew how to be a gentleman when he wanted to, and so much of the relationship was just like a fairy tale.




"It's like you're screaming, and no one can hear
You almost feel ashamed
That someone could be that important
That without them, you feel like nothing
No one will ever understand how much it hurts
You feel hopeless; like nothing can save you
And when it's over, and it's gone
You almost wish that you could have all that bad stuff back
So that you could have the good"


I've only opened up to one guy about the abusive relationship I was in. Instead of being understanding and kind about it, he took every chance he could get to use it against me. I think I'll keep my scars to myself from now on. It's bad enough having them, but having someone trample all over them, is like being abused all over again.

My scars are mine, I got out, I survived.
My secret, my life, my dark side...

No comments:

Post a Comment