Monday, February 20, 2012

Goals allow you to control the direction of change in your favor

I find it fascinating that most people plan their vacation with better care than they do their lives. Perhaps that is because escape is easier than change.
~Jim Rohn~




Where do I want to go? What do I want to change to get there? What direction should I take? What are my goals?

The goal you set must be challenging. 
 At the same time, it should be realistic and attainable, 
not impossible to reach. 
 It should be challenging enough to make you stretch, 
but not so far that you break. 
~ Rick Hansen~

In order to do something, to make a real change in your life, I believe that you have to make some goals for yourself. Maybe some people would say that you should start with the little things, small goals that are achievable. But for me, that's going about it the wrong way. I would rather start with stating those big, important goals. They will give me the direction for my path. After that, I can figure out just how to get there. Much like planning a trip. There might be several ways to reach those bigger goals.


People with goals succeed because they know where they're going.
~Earl Nightingale~

 



Difficult questions, really. It's quite hard to grasp those fleething thoughts, and putting them down in a blog. But I'll try. If you need some inspiration to find your goals, here are the World's 100 Most Popular Goals. Some of my goals made the list.

What are my goals?
  • Be happy. Sounds quite simple, doesn't it? 
  • Have a positive outlook on life and people.
  • Find myself again. I think this goal is strongly connected with the first one.
  • Be more confident.
  • Get back in touch with some old friends, and make some new ones.
  • Expand my company, make it an even bigger success, and be able to divert my attention to other projects.
  • Get that big house with a big yard. I'm not quite sure where though, as in which side of the Atlantic. Maybe I should be bold and say one house on each side of the Atlantic? Attainable? Who knows.
  • Get that black belt in karate.
  • Find my career
  • Travel to all of those places I want to go.
  • Find Mr. Right. Someone who appreciates me, deserves me, and loves me for me. 
I'm sure that I've forgotten to put down a few things. I have a feeling that the list will be updated a few times. Looking at the list though, I can tell that several goals are connected. Some of them may a little farfetched, but the only way to reach them, is to believe in them, work hard, and never give up.

After defining all of the goals, they need to be broken down into smaller steps. It's important to have the smaller goals to get a sense of progress, but to keep the larger goals in sight, to keep on going in the right direction.


So, what are your goals? Where do you want to go in life? Dare to reach for the moon. If you miss, you'll still be among the stars.

xx,
Dark Duchess

No comments:

Post a Comment